Dog Bite Injury Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
Were You Attacked by Someone Else’s Pet? Learn More About Your Rights!
Every year, more than 800,000 Americans seek medical treatment for dog
bite injuries. Nearly half of these victims are under the age of 13. If
you or your child was attacked by someone else’s dangerous pet,
you have rights. With the help of an Atlanta personal injury attorney
from Chuck Clay & Associates, LLC, you can seek compensation for the
harm you have suffered. Our firm has already
recovered over $70 million on behalf of injured victims – call now to find out how we can assist you.
Common Dog Bite Injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Facial scarring / disfigurement
- Infected wounds and lacerations
- Long-term emotional trauma
- Nerve and muscle damage
Understanding Your Rights Under Georgia’s Dog Bite Law
Unfortunately, Georgia has some of the complicated laws regarding dog bite
victims’ rights. While many people believe that the law favors dog
owners over dog bite victims, it is possible to seek justice when you
hire the right injury attorney.
In order to recover damages, a Georgia dog bite victim must be able to
- The dog was dangerous (i.e. it had previously bitten someone else)
- The owner of the dog was aware of the dog’s vicious tendencies
- The dog owner allowed their pet to roam free without restraint
According to the state’s dog bite law, the burden is on the victim
to establish that the owner knew about the dog’s propensity for
violence. For this reason, it is recommended that you work with an experienced
personal injury lawyer in Atlanta.
Five Steps You Should Take After Being Attacked by a Dog
Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatic experience, especially when the
attack is unexpected and unprovoked. If you or someone you love has been
injured by a dangerous dog, it is important to know what steps you should
If you are the victim of a dog bite or attack, you should follow these
- Write down the name and contact information of the owner
- Report the incident to animal control and the proper authorities
- If possible, take pictures of the dog and any injuries you’ve suffered
- Visit the hospital or ER for treatment immediately after the attack
- Contact Chuck Clay & Associates, LLC for a free case review
Contact Chuck Clay & Associates, LLC for a Free Review: (404) 998-5258
At Chuck Clay & Associates, LLC, our philosophy is simple:
we do what’s best for our clients, not our firm. If you have been injured by a dangerous dog in Atlanta, GA, we are ready
to help you seek justice. Backed by decades of
personal injury law experience and millions of dollars in successful recoveries, our firm
is well-equipped to fight for the level of compensation you deserve. Give
us a call today to find out why so many others have put their faith in
Chuck Clay & Associates, LLC.
Are you ready to get started on your case? Contact our firm today for a
free, no-risk consultation.